Thursday, July 8, 2010

Weekly craft

At the beginning of the summer I promised the girls we would do a craft once a week.  We started the week after school and did a fun project that includes crayons, black paint and paper.  I wish I had pictures, but forgot.  (Mom and Dad we actually sent you some of our creations in the mail awhile back.)  So after a few weeks of being gone on trips we were able to get back to a craft this past week and this is what we made. 

Hot Rocks

We just put the rocks in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes till they were nice and hot.  Then we took them outside and colored them with crayons while they were still hot.  It made the crayon melt immediately and colored the rock. The girls loved it!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Where did you learn about this craft? I think I would like doing that. It would be fun to get the round rocks like they have in Virgin and paint on them too. Cute designs! I hope I can remember that when I get home -- it would be fun for all of the grandkids to do.

    ReplyDelete